ETS is investigating a NetMeeting Directory server. here's what we've found out
- NM requires an Information Locator Service or ILS. MS shipped the Site Server ILS as part of Win2k. Usethe Add/Remove programs, WIndows Components, Networking Components, Site Server ILS to add it.
- Once added the server will autmatically run the service.
- Confniguration is done with the ILSCFG util. The only necessary command is ILSCGF <servername> /publish
- This appears to publish the service within Active Directory
- To unpublish, use ILSCFG <servername> /unpublish
- Netmeeting needs to be configured to use the new directory.
- Click Tools, Options.
- On that page click the directory drop downa nd select the directory server.etslan.org
- Click 'Logon to ds when NM starts' box
- Clear the 'Do not list my name in the directory' box
- To add Directory service to Netmeeting
- Add String value called Name1 to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Conferencing\UI\Directory
- Set Value to servername:1002 (ex: Sevenpines.etslan.org:1002)