I've been away for awhile working on a significant project at work. We combined 5 offices and three server rooms into a single building and state-of-the-art data center. It was hugely successful. But this blog and this server have suffered from inattention for the past 6-9 months. The only thing I pulled off during that time was an upgrade to Slackware 12 within hours of release. I really couldn't help myself (I run Vista, too). But it went well except. Some minor issues:
- apache is now at v2
- apache config is now in /etc/httpd
- apache logs in /var/log/httpd
- apache docroot now in /srv/httpd
So there are a whole crop of things that need work
- My CA cert is expired! Brilliant, I know. Apparently I only issue the CA cert for 1 week
- Gallery needs an update, but more importantly there are thousands of spam comment. Mostly rude. Apparently there is a captcha weakness. I've killed many, but the cleanup will be tough.